Thank you for ordering your Christmas feast from field&flower.
We thought just in case you have any questions about your delivery this year, we’d answer them here…
Delivery information – receiving your delivery
- Your order will be delivered by DPD (a national courier) and our own delivery drivers between 8am – 9pm on your selected delivery day; 21st, 22nd or 23rd Dec.
- You can track your order with DPD & make changes to your safe place here, or on the DPD app: http://www.dpd.co.uk/content/how-can-we-help/index.jsp
- You will be sent an estimated hour delivery slot on the day from DPD.
- You do not need to sign for your box but we do advise notifying DPD of a safe place.
- Once your box is with DPD we will not be able to get it stopped.
- We do also employ our own drivers. If you are in their route, then you will not receive a delivery time but give us a call in the office and we can find this information out for you.
- Please be mindful of traffic in your area which may cause delays to your driver.
- Your meat will arrive fresh not frozen. The ice packs may have melted, this is normal. Your meat will still be chilled below 5 degrees.
- Refrigerate all meat on delivery. Freeze any meat you know you aren’t going to eat fresh as soon as possible. The meat can be frozen for 3 months.
- If you’re short on fridge space, refreeze the ice packs and stick them in the box, tightly resealing the packaging and store in a cool place.
- The packaging we use is recyclable and you can refreeze the ice packs.
- Keep your cooking guideline booklet and pop-up turkey timer safe for the big day.
Delivery information – What to do if you can’t find your delivery
- We have a dedicated office support team just in case this problem occurs. We will track your parcels throughout the day and report any issues as soon as we are aware of them. Alice, Charlotte, Willow, Brit & James will all be around to help you during this period.
- Please check all delivery address information is correct on your order email confirmation, it’s very hard to reroute deliveries where the delivery address has been entered incorrectly.
- We recommend checking in your safe place and with a neighbour. Sometimes the deliveries are made in the dark in the early morning so boxes can be left in the wrong place. Often boxes are found after a little hunting around.
- Email or call us (if we haven’t already called or emailed you) between 5.15pm – 6pm if your delivery hasn’t arrived; firstname.lastname@example.org / 0203 735 8005.
- On the rare occasion that delivery cannot be made on your dedicated day your delivery will be upgraded to a pre-12pm delivery the following day.
Other important information:
- Our boxes are badger, fox and insect proof.
- We had a 100% delivery record last year and the year before that! We’ve been planning our Christmas deliveries for 6 months to ensure you receive a fantastic field&flower feast.
- Christmas is our busiest time so if we’re a little slow picking up the phone please bear with us.
- The above also applies on emails and instant chat on our website.
- As stated in our T&Cs once a box has been delivered and reported as delivered the box is no longer field&flower’s responsibility.
- We cannot collect any deliveries that are not wanted.
- Please check it’s not bin day and that your delivery instructions aren’t ‘leave in/on/next to bin’.
- Our boxes are tested for temperature and will keep the meat chilled for up to 36 hours.
- Tweet / Instagram / Facebook photos of your deliveries and let us know about your delivery experience, it makes us happy. You can find us @fieldandflower.
Turkey and poultry information
- On receiving your turkey we recommend removing the packaged giblets (great for gravy) and refrigerate separately. The giblets are the gizzard, heart, liver and neck.
- Place your bird in the fridge on a shelf by itself, undo the bag to allow it to breathe.
- Your bird has been dry plucked so please remember the black tips will disintegrate in the oven.
- Before cooking note the weight of your bird (on the label), refer to the turkey guidelines for cooking times and place the pop-up turkey timer in the deepest part of the breast and wait for it to pop up.
- Always rest your meat, as it will relax and the juices will even out. We recommend turning your turkey upside down whilst resting.
- Alice, Charlotte & Willow will be your first point of call on 0203 735 8005.
- We have all members of the team working for extended hours. (Wednesday 21st, 9am – 6pm, Thursday 22nd, 9am – 6pm, Friday 23rd, 9am – 6pm, Saturday 24th, 9am – 1pm).
- During out of office hours please leave a message with your full name, number and postcode and we will get back to you when we are next open.
- The office will be shut between December 25th – December 27th and no deliveries will be made in this time.
- The office will be back open on December 28th, 29th & 30th from 9am-6pm then will close again until 3rd January.
If you can’t spot the answer to your Christmas questions here, give us a call.
In the meantime, from all of us at field&flower, have a brilliant free-range Christmas,
James & James