Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
Serves: 4 people
6 banana shallots finely sliced
180g of merchant gourmet whole chestnuts
Knorr rich beef stock pot
450g of field&flower course cut beef mince
Half a butternut squash
1 large potato
Knob of butter
1.Pre-heat the oven to 180c. Cut your potatoes and butternut squash into even sized pieces, and put into a large pan of cold salted water. Let the water boil and then simmer until soft.
2. While this is happening, heat a glug of garlic oil and a splash of water in a pan and soften the shallots.
3. Add the beef to the pan and brown the meat, add some wine and a few dashes of Worcester sauce and stir.
4. Add the chestnuts.
5. Put the stock pot into the pan and let it melt in, simmer. If it looks dry add a little water and let it cook down.
6. Drain the butternut squash and potatoes and mash with a knob of butter.
7. Put the meat into an oven proof dish and top with the mash. Run a fork over the top to create little ridges in the mash.
8. Place in the oven and cook for about 40/45 mins, until the mash is crispy.
9. Serve with green veg.