It’s not only our fab In-House chef, Alice who loves cooking up a storm in the kitchen here at field&flower HQ! We all really enjoy our tasty FAF cuts as much as our customers and therefore have decided to share our creative ideas and secrets with you here on the field&flower blog.
So without further ado; kicking off this series we have our Customer Service Wiz, Charlotte’s first offering:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
Serves 3 people
1 pack 400g diced stewing beef
1 large red onion
100g baby button
1 large handful of dried trompette de la mort mushrooms
Flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Chop the red onion and sweat in a mixture of oil and butter.
2. After 5 mins add the diced beef and brown, add a dessert spoonful of flour and stir for another 2 mins then season.
3. Add about half a pint of beef stock and stir until the sauce looks smooth then cook for 2 hours in the oven at 160c.
4. Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water. When they are soft squeeze the water out and add them to the casserole about 30 mins before the end along with the fresh mushrooms.
5. Check whilst cooking that the meat is covered with sauce, if it looks a bit dry add some water.
6. Before serving add some chopped parsley.
This is lovely served with parmesan polenta or with a gratin Dauphinois – Enjoy!