You’ve got the meat, now it’s time to create some show stopping sides for your summer table. We all know how temperamental the British weather can be so here are some of our favourite sides that are super quick and easy to cook at those last minute BBQs…
Baked Sweet Potato with Garlic Yoghurt
- Pierce the sweet potatoes all over with a fork or knife. Rub each potato with olive oil and salt and wrap in two layers of foil.
- To oven cook: place the potatoes in the centre of a preheated oven at 180C and cook for 45 minutes.
- To BBQ: place the potatoes on the hot coals and cook for 15-20 minutes on each side.
- To serve, mix greek yoghurt with minced garlic and garnish with black pepper, chives and pomegranate.
Griddled Cauliflower Steaks with Pesto
- Cut cauliflower into large slices, drizzle with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place a griddle pan on a high heat and add the cauliflower to the pan. Griddle on each side for 6-7 minutes.
- Serve with pesto drizzled over the top and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Stir Fried Spring Greens
- Chop asparagus and tenderstem broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- In a wok, add oil and let it reach a high temperature. Add the asparagus and broccoli and keep the pan moving for around 2 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and stir fry for a further minute.
- Finish with a drizzle of toasted sesame oil and serve.
Roasted New Potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a roasting tray and place in the centre of your oven for 5 minutes.
- Chop the new potatoes in half and add to the melted coconut oil, making sure that all sides of the potatoes are coated in oil. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Transfer the tray back to the oven and cook for a further 35 minutes, moving the potatoes half way through to ensure for an even bake.
WIN a copy of Madeleine Shaw’s new book
– Ready Steady Glow
All you have to do to get your hands on it is answer this one simple question below.
What is Maddy’s favourite type of meat?
Comment below or head to our social pages to enter the competition. Competition ends Thursday 21st July. Good luck!