As the lead up to Christmas is fast approaching and the Pimms and BBQ season is well and truly over, it’s no secret that we are all looking for ways to get a health kick before the month long December festivities begin.
Here at field&flower, we pride ourselves on ethically sourcing our wild bird and game meat from the best farms in the West Country, to ensure we’re exceeding the highest hunting standards and providing a delicious variety of game that is natural, flavorsome and lean.
Introduce game into your diet and we promise you’ll never look back. Check out our Top 5 reasons to eat game this year…
- LEAN Game is typically lower in calories, fat and cholesterol compared to other meats such as beef and pork, whilst still being a brilliant source of protein, minerals, zinc and iron.
- GOOD SOURCE OF FAT When you think Omega-3, salmon usually springs to mind. But wild game such as venison has the perfect ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids, making game one of the healthiest sources of good fat on earth.
- NATURAL There’s nothing artificial. Wild game is free range, sustainable and a natural and organically sourced meat option.
- FLAVOUR The delicate hanging process of Game meat produces a more mild, unique and delicious flavour.
- HEALTH BENEFITS Eating game is a healthy and affordable way of attaining conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). CLA is commonly used as a supplement to enhance weight-loss and build muscle.
Along with these great health benefits, wild game is also versatile and flavoursome. Kick off your love affair with game by trying out some of the recipes we’ve added to our ‘Wild Game Recipes’ section. You’ll love the Pot Roast Pheasant!